11 September 2011

Little bits from here and there

As the title states, these are just some tid bits that aren't really worthy of their own blog post, but regardless, I'd like to share.

This week I've been on a bread-making kick. 
Am I good at it?

In a word...no

Just like the phrase goes: Necessity is the mother of invention.
(That is how it goes isn't it?)

We were out of bread and I'm too cheap to go buy some.  When you're short on cash and have two hands plus all the supplies, why not?  I'd be lazy not to, right?  Right.

I was originally going to have a whole post about it, pictures and all, but according to my taste-tester dad, the recipe needs some tweaking.
Or I need a new one.
Either way, its going to get eaten, darn-it, because I'm not throwing it away.


On another note, we picked up some free wood the other day.  Old fence posts to be exact. 
Head-board here we come!
I would like to make a cross between this:

 and this



Picture the boards going vertical instead of horizontal (like the top picture).  Then jigsawed into the shape of the second picture. 
That's the plan anyways.

So, as soon as we get those babies boards cleaned up a bit, I'll let ya know.


This was for Jackson's first birthday.  He likes wheels.

Okay it may not be my best, but I was a little out of my element on this one. 
Along those lines, I'd like to start painting more, and selling them. (If they are worthy, which they may not be)
So, if anyone would like to rent me out (so to speak), I'd love too. 

Or, if you'd like to see more/ better examples of what I've done before I'd be happy too.

On one last note, we're going to the fair tomorrow.
Hooray for people watching (and funnel cakes)!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you painted! I think the picture turned out great!

    Did you do a yeast bread, or a quick bread??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I've painted off an on since high school for pleasure and when time permits.

    It was yeast bread. Oatmeal wheat to be exact. I believe my father's exact words were "edible, but lacking flavor." So needless to say, I won't be keeping that recipe.

    ReplyDelete