26 July 2011

See ya later alligator...

We're moving.
Soon.
Perhaps I jinxed us by putting those photos up, or maybe its just someone bigger than you or me telling us its time.
Either way...let the packing begin.
So here's how it went down because I need to vent and share what not to do when you are a renter.


The owner of our house decided to sell. His realtor, who shall remain nameless (but rhymes with Pasim Mishati) basically is getting us moved on our of here because I hurt his feelings.
This is all speculation by the way.

A showing was scheduled for 6 pm. At approximately 5 pm Madelin starts throwing up all over herself and the living room carpet. I called him to cancel after I got her cleaned up. The dogs beat me to throw-up (too much information?) So this was shortly after 5.
He proceeded to argue with me about wanting to come in the house, which I vetoed seeing as Madelin was tossing her cookies and there was a putrid substance on the living room floor.
Call me old fashioned, but you don't let company in your house in that condition.
He also argued with me about being an hour early. I have e-mails and texts printed from his company stating the time, 6 pm, so argue with that!
I usually end up crying when people on the phone frustrate me, but I got heated this time. Maybe it had to do with the fact that I was covered in Madelin's lunch I don't know.
I called him back.
I'm not going to go into detail, but I let him have it.
He called me back and told me to leave in 30 days.
This my friends, he is not allowed to do being a realtor and all.
The next day, he fed the owner some cockamamy (that is a word I looked it up) story to get him to agree and verbally give us our thirty days

Still haven't seen it in writing, but that's good enough for me.
We're outa here.

So, I'm just giving you a heads up. You may not hear from me for a couple weeks. We'll be preoccupied.
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment