27 October 2011

Oops, I dropped the ball...

Like big time.
How long has it been since I've written a post...umm a month (probably longer).
Like I said,
Oops

Honestly, you all haven't missed that much.
What have we been up to?  Hmm, let me think...
We hosted a garage sale, rearranged the furniture (just kidding this doesn't count- I do that at least once a week), and introduced Madelin to pumpkins.  Yea I think that covers it.
Our schedule has been packed, as you can see.
Right...

It turns out garage sales are no joke (pun intended).
I was under the impression that we'd just quickly label our items and have loads of fun haggling with customers.

Not so sally (That's for you Marty).

It's like real work.
In addition to our junk, we had stuff from both parents, the Shaffer's, and two of our friends.  That's too many people to keep track of when you're totaling up someone's tab.  Not to mention setting up and taking down for three days.  After sitting outside all day doing, well, nothing, I've never been so tired in my life.
Thank goodness for grandmas.  I'm not sure what I would have done had Madelin been here all day with us.

All in all, it was a mess success.


Family picture count = 3
That's pretty bad isn't it.


We spent an afternoon at Cox Farms with my brother, his wife, and their adorable son Jadon.  It was a nice (not so crisp at 80 degrees) fall day and we figured we better get a pumpkin before Halloween.  Little did we know these were $8 pumpkins.
Note to self- next year just buy pumpkins and skip the patch.


This was Madelin after we told her how much her pumpkin cost and that she better appreciate it.
Wait, no, this was her, "Get your camera out of my business," look.
Sorry, they look so much alike.


Madelin did gave us a couple good photo ops throughout the day. 
Sadly I didn't get many pictures of the actual farm.  Probably because I was a little disappointed.
You didn't even get to pick your pumpkin off the vine. 
They had already picked them and put them in an open field full of hay bales, scarecrows, and a dead tractor.


  Can you see the attitude this girl has already.  It makes me nervous.  God help us if she's anything like I was when I was a teenager.


So after we "picked" our pumpkins we found the goats.  Oh boy, goats never disappoint.
Let me present you with exhibit A:


Exhibit B:

Madelin. Loves. Goats.


Madelin tried to share her love of goats.

Jadon wasn't that impressed.


As the afternoon wore on, the thumb went in,


and the head went down.

So we took our fancy $8 pumpkins and headed to QT to get some refreshment but we decided we couldn't afford to $5 drinks and funnel cakes (darn it).

That was a good day.
Even though it definitely was no Corn Dawgs.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad to see a post from you. And believe me, I totally understand blog absences.

    Yeah, garage sales are work, for sure. Cute pictures from the pumpkin patch :)

    I've got two giveaways going on my blog - you should come enter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Megan!
    I will definitely check out those giveaways, but I'd also like to talk to you about how to get my readers some giveaways too.
    Ash

    ReplyDelete